tweet!

barnner

Minggu, 13 Januari 2013

sixty nine


"I CARE IF you save the world or not, Max," Dylan said softly as we flew back to my mom's house. The tip of his wing brushed mine, and I felt a bolt of electricity.
"Okay, that makes about ten of us," I said, avoiding his eyes. My gaze fell on a little dot moving erratically far below us. An injured animal?
"What's that kid doing down there?" Dylan asked. His exceptional raptor vision was starting to come in pretty handy.
"Looking for the nearest water park?" I said dryly.
"No, I don't think so," Dylan said. He still had a hard time appreciating my sarcasm. I rolled my eyes at Angel. "He's sunburned and staggering. Must be lost."
I glanced around us. The kid was a good five miles from anything; the chances of his making it to help were pretty slim.
"We should probably just leave him for dead, seeing as how no one actually wants to be saved around here," I grumbled. Okay, it had been a rainy parade back at the Deathwire School for Spider-eyed Kids, and I was feeling bitter. But when I looked up, Dylan grinned at me, and before I knew what was happening, I grinned back.
"Heck, let's go save 'im, whether he wants it or not," Dylan said in his best Scooby-Doo voice, and I laughed. Angel glanced at me, her head cocked.
"What?" I said defensively. "I laugh sometimes."